Sunday, December 3, 2017

38 weeks ... please don't ask if I'm in labor



How far along? 38 weeks, 5 days


Total weight gain/measurements: 16 lbs, but I had just eaten before my appointment so...maybe not. LOL


Maternity clothes: Yep. I wear them. And LuLaRoe. And Mike's clothes.

Sleep: Last night I slept by myself all night and it was AMAZING. Ahhh, sleep. I only woke up twice and it was beautiful. No one snored. No one slept right on top of me. It was just me and my pillows.

Best moment this week: Oh My Gosh. I got an induction massage (it clearly didn't work) and it was AMAZING. Everyone should get a massage at New Beginnings Family Chiropractic, because I think that lady has magical hands. I want to go back for another but I don't have $60 laying around. Sigh. I took milk bath photos with Jen and I am sooo excited to see them. Tonight we got our lights up outside, so that was a good start! Just need Mike to put the lights on the tree so I can decorate it! 


Miss anything? The ability to eat anything when I get hungry, vs having to actually think about what I'm eating. Granted, that's why I've always weighed so much LOL.

Movement: I was telling Ellen today that if I had an OB, I would have asked for an induction on Thursday because I was having so much anxiety about his movement. I literally laid in bed all day so I could feel him moving. He was moving fine but I was an anxious mess, which is not good for the baby! Today he's been having big, obvious movements, which are my absolute favorite.

Food cravings: Chick fil a I guess.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope!

Gender: Baby boy

Labor signs: I realllllly lost my mucus plug Thursday morning. That was gross. Bodies are disgusting. I had contractions Tuesday night and Wednesday night, six minutes apart for an hour, and then they stopped. UGH. I've had some tonight but they are very sporadic and not timeable so I am not holding out hope for anything happening. I've been pretty crampy all week too. I'm dilated some. I thought my water broke yesterday but no such luck. Bodies are still disgusting.


Symptoms: Big belly, constantly running to the bathroom, baby kicks, terrible sleep, some contractions and cramping.

Belly button in or out? Still out.  

Wedding rings on or off? Off.

Happy or moody most of the time: Moody - I've been so anxious lately. I constantly feel like I'm on the verge of a breakdown. (This is from last week but it's still 100% true)

Looking forward to: My 39 weeks appointment on Wednesday - though I don't want to be there at the same time, haha. Going on long walks every day this week. Then if I'm still holding the baby in on Saturday, we have our Christmas mugs and muffins event at church! I'm really excited for PJs and a Christmas mug exchange. 

Important side note: I am already really bummed that I'm 38 weeks, 5 days today. That's when Evelyn came and I was hoping Baby Boy would be here by now. It makes me sad when people ask if I'm in labor. Have y'all met me? I love to overshare on FB. I promise I will let you know if/when this baby comes. Until then, assume he is not here and Evelyn and I are out running errands/going to craft fairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment